Is Hydroxychloroquine an Immunosuppressant? - Genericcures | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Shirley
Shirley Jun 17

Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is an immunomodulatory medication that has been used for decades to treat a variety of autoimmune disorders. While not a direct immunosuppressant, it does have immunosuppressive qualities that aid in its therapeutic benefits. HCQ acts by inhibiting Toll-like receptors, which are essential components of the immunological response. This inhibition reduces the body's inflammatory response and relieves symptoms linked with autoimmune illnesses including systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis. 

HCQ's immunosuppressive effects are demonstrated by its capacity to decrease TLR responses, which are required for immune cell activation. In vitro studies have demonstrated that HCQ for Arthritis can decrease TLR3, TLR7, and TLR9 responses, resulting in lower cytokine production and immune cell activation. Furthermore, HCQ has been demonstrated to inhibit T and B cell growth, bolstering its immunosuppressive effects. HCQ is not a typical immunosuppressant, but its immunomodulatory properties make it an effective therapy for autoimmune disorders.

Andrendax
Andrendax Jun 17
I have been taking hydroxychloroquine for my lupus for a few years now. It is really helped manage my symptoms without the stronger immunosuppressant effects of other medications. 

house lockout services in Orlando