Selling Shipping Containers Online | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jack seo
jack seo Aug 19

Dear Diary,

Today has been all about expanding my online business, specifically focusing on selling shipping containers. I’ve been working on improving the way I present my products online, knowing that the key to success in this digital age is not just about having a great product, but also about how you market and sell it.

First, I made sure that my listings are detailed and visually appealing. 

High-quality images are a must, showing the containers from multiple angles, including both the interior and exterior. Customers want to see what they’re getting, especially when they’re buying something as large and expensive as a shipping container. I also made sure to highlight any unique features, like reinforced corners or additional ventilation options, which could be a selling point for different types of buyers.

In the product descriptions, I’ve been very specific about the condition of the containers—whether they’re new, used, or one-trip containers. Transparency is crucial in building trust, especially with online sales where customers can’t physically inspect the product beforehand. I also included details on potential uses, such as for storage, conversion into homes or offices, or even as pop-up shops. 

This not only helps to attract a broader audience but also gives potential buyers ideas on how they can use the container themselves.

Pricing was another big focus today. I did some market research to ensure my prices are competitive. However, I also emphasized the value in my descriptions—explaining the durability, security, and long lifespan of the containers, which justifies the price. I even added an option for bulk purchasing at a discounted rate, hoping to attract customers who might need multiple containers.

I also spent some time optimizing my listings for search engines.

I made sure to use relevant keywords that potential buyers might search for, such as "20ft shipping containers for sale" or "used cargo containers near me." This is crucial for driving organic traffic to my listings without having to rely solely on paid ads.

On the marketing side, I’m planning to run a few targeted ad campaigns on social media and Google Ads. The goal is to reach out to specific demographics—like construction companies, small business owners, and even DIY enthusiasts who might be interested in container conversions. I’ve set up tracking to monitor which ads perform best, so I can adjust my strategy accordingly.

To engage potential buyers, I’ve decided to start a blog section on my website, where I’ll post about creative uses for shipping containers, tips on maintaining them, and even success stories from satisfied customers. This should not only help with SEO but also position me as an expert in the field, which I hope will encourage more people to buy from me.

Finally, I made sure my customer service is top-notch. I set up a system to quickly respond to inquiries and offer virtual tours of the containers via video calls. This added personal touch can make a huge difference, especially in online sales where building trust is so important.

All in all, it’s been a productive day. I’m optimistic about these new strategies and excited to see how they’ll boost my online sales. Fingers crossed that the efforts pay off!

Until next time,

Buy shipping containers online